Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"I can't see this world unless I go outside my Southern Comfort Zone."

Today's the day!
I'm all packed, already in Utah, and just counting down the minutes!

I've been staying with my Grandparents here in Bountiful, and I have had a very relaxing time (thank goodness, these past few weeks have been SO stressful). I really miss my dog, Scooter, but they have a doggy day care business so the house has been full! It's helped a lot with nerves and anxieties. I really miss everyone at home, but you know what? The spirit of a missionary is different than what I'm used to. It's very much constant. Any time I start to kinda miss home, it takes over almost like it's clouding those feelings and I feel okay. I do miss home, and the people there, but it's been pretty helpful.

I'm very nervous. The MTC is very intense. All day classes, and I have to learn a whole new language in 6 weeks! Okay, so it's not entirely new, but it will feel like it since I've never learned gospel related phrases or words. If anyone wants to pray for me or put my name on the prayer roll in the temple, I would not complain. Haha.

I am worried about my friends and family back home, but Heavenly Father keeps saying, "Yiselle, I got this. You just need to focus on what you're doing." So I need to trust Him. Immersing myself in the work is the best thing I can do right now, and throughout my whole mission.

So, I'll leave with this:

I know this work is real. The Atonement applies to everyone. We all have a Father in Heaven who loves us all more than we will ever be able to comprehend, and He loves us so much that he gave his only Son, Jesus Christ to die for us so that we will be able to live with Him again. I know the Book of Mormon is true; I've read it. I know it is. The Book of Mormon talks about and supports the Bible, and it exhorts us that we should read it. So no one try to tell me that it's against the Bible! Because it's not. It talks about pece, hope, joy, and everlasting happiness through the gospel of Jesus Christ. See for yourself and read it.

If anyone has any questions about what I'm doing or what all of this talk is, visit these sites:

mormon.org
lds.org

Take a look around, and you'll see what we're all about! :)


Also, one more thing. This song has helped me a ton. It's Brad Paisley (AKA: my husband) and totally describes my feelings about all of this. Well, some of it. I listened to the acoustic version quite a few times on the plane here, and I dunno. It just fits to me.





So...bye y'all! Sarah will be taking over from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment