Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I love to see the Temple...

...I'm going there on SATURDAY!

Yesterday, I had the privilege to speak at the Alexandriana ward's Young Women's Temple night. They had 4 women (myself included) speak to the young women about preparing for the temple and what it means to us.

Since I haven't gone through quite yet, I explained that when I think of the temple, I think of the word sanctuary. It is actually another word for "temple" in the Topical Guide. How perfect is that? Heavenly Father meant for the temple to be a place where we can find refuge and feel safe and happiness in his presence. Just from going to do baptisms, I feel like that. Unfortunately I haven't had many opportunities to go, so I am so excited for this weekend! Everything leading up to this moment will be so worth it.

In trying to mentally prepare as much as I can (since I don't really know what I'm preparing for), I have made some goals. They're going to be obvious goals, but goals nonetheless. I am going to make my temple attendance a priority in my life. I did a blog post here over two years ago. I felt so ready to go to the temple and make those covenants, and I'm kinda glad I wasn't able to do it. I definitely was NOT ready. I am so glad I have experienced the things I have since then. It has prepared me for this and my mission too. I don't know if I am as ready as I'd like to be, but is anyone really? I think it is all part of faith.

Anyway, I am so excited to go this weekend. This is a chapter of my life that I have been waiting for. It definitely didn't happen the way I pictured, but it's still happening! Heavenly Father definitely has a plan for me.

I'm so excited! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment